A Personal Insurance Update
Your homeowner’s insurance may provide protection and help you recover from a loss. However, it is very important to have the right kind of home insurance to cover these kinds of claims. Call us for a free review.
Interesting Facts About Burglaries
- Burglars do not travel far. The typical burglar lives within two miles of their victims.
- Over 90 percent of burglars are male.
- Dogs are not the same as a home security system.
- 95% of burglars are under the age of 25.
- A large percent of burglars use an open door or window to enter your home.
- Homes that have a security system are not as attractive to burglars.
What Can a Homeowner Do to Prevent Burglaries?
While nothing is 100% guaranteed there are measures you can take to reduce the likelihood of being a victim of a burglary.
- Leave lights on when gone.
- Have timers on outside lights.
- Get a security system.
- Never leave a door or window unlocked.
- When traveling, do not post vacation pictures or information on social media until you return home.
- Reduce landscaping around doors and windows.
- Tell your neighbors to watch your home while you are on vacation.
Our agents have access to more carriers and more plans, and that means that they have more options – including multiple policy discounts and preferred premium pricing – to create the best possible combination of coverage to protect your family while lowering your costs.